Soul sisters

     Apparently this is a soul boat made by a group of women friends from around the country who meet annually and that Kathy was a part of. They made it this past weekend and apparently cast it into the Pacific Ocean at sundown in her memory. She would have been so pleased.
      Matty and I are taking a well deserved break at a friend's beach house in Old Lyme, Connecticut. Last night we hung out with our hosts and two Portland friends who have been living in DC the last few years and are heading back west. Tonight it is just us two. I like houses better than motels and tentsites combined and am pretty much in heaven. Tomorrow I head to New York for the first time. I've heard a lot about the place, but refuse to be intimidated. The accents may be different, but I bet the smells are the same.





Comments

  1. As you might have guessed I don't have the photo thing worked out. I'm a dog who prefers to paints portraits with words.

    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll, if one picture is worth a thousand words, you've got 3000 words about lobsters there. -- Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious, it may be too late in your voyage to consider such a side trip (which may entail backtracking!), but my dad and stepmom really like dogs and live in western New York state. Tell Matty to let me know if he wants details. Love, Ken

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ride Around Manhattan, Literally

A New York Story