Ride Around Manhattan, Literally

Some day there will exist a continuous bicycle path around the island of Manhattan along the Harlem, East, and Hudson Rivers and through Battery Park. It will be for cyclists what the Highline has become for pedestrians. As it exists today, however, there are a score of gaps in the route forcing riders into neighborhoods using roads that are not bike-friendly before allowing re-access to the waterside as well as adding miles to the itinerary. It is not for the faint of heart. In fact, if it hadn’t been for the enthusiasm and intrepidness of my riding partner I could not today say that I have circumnavigated Manhattan by bicycle.
I will be in New York through the weekend with only a few items on the schedule. Tonight I’ll visit with family. Tomorrow night I’ll attend a play at a theater with some number of offs in its description. The weekend will find me at Forest Hills, home of the US Open, where my host will be playing in a tennis tournament in both singles and doubles. He says he will not be playing at Center Court, which seems quite unfair.
As always, Precious is enjoying walking the streets of New York and meeting and greeting dogs with a funny accent. In fact, we are going out for a walk now before watching to see if Argentina can sneak into the next round of the World Cup.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I had a reply. It made no sense. I deleted it. I am sober. I am balancing my checkbook, so I am a little crazed right now. Plus Trump made me do it.

      Delete
    2. All censorship, including self-censorship is to be censured.

      Delete
    3. Censorship and self-censorship are the matter and anti-matter of the psyche. The self is annihilated. (See why I delete myself.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul sisters

A New York Story